Monday, December 6, 2010

California Landscape, Oil Painting by Theresa Paden

"Springtime in Thousand Oaks"
24 X 36, oil on canvas,
$450.00 unframed
Email to purchase
theresapaden@gmail.com
Click here to go to my blog

This is a painting of an area near our house that I pass by everyday when I'm driving on the "Norwegian Grade" which leads to Thousand Oaks from the Santa Rosa Valley section of Camarillo. The vegetation and coloring on this mountain change daily throughout the year and it looks so beautiful in the Springtime, after the rain has made all the grass grow. The rocks were formed by the volcano in Thousand Oaks, which is extinct now. I love the contrast on the mountain when part of it is lit up by the sun, and the other part is in shade. The road that leads up the grade is very narrow, winding, and steep. There's no room to set up my easel and paint beside the road, but I found this great vantage point at the YMCA across the road. I did a plein air painting, with my palette knife, and took some reference photos to use when painting the larger canvas in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment