Saturday, September 18, 2010

WILD FLOWERS AT EAGLE NEST BY SUSAN RODEN

WILD FLOWERS AT EAGLE NEST
10" x 8"w pastel
Courtesy of Tirage Gallery*
* contact for purchase


This grove of wild flowers is where I was traipsing 
around for hours, before I discovered I was stranded.

Lovely....

I was smack dab in the center of Catalina Island for hours, 
mesmerized with the sights and colors. 

There I go... with my head in the clouds and ducking the rain drops!

 Fortunately I finally spotted and flagged down a 
Catalina Conservancy Employee tooling down the road, 
who radioed a ride for my return to Avalon. 
(no, it wasn't a garbage truck as Tirage claimed)

This is one of my paintings included within the Colors of Catalina 
show, comprised of four participating galleries of the Pasadena Art 
Association. Works may be viewed now at the galleries, with mutual 
open house receptions on Saturday, October 9th, from noon to 
5:00 p.m. Myself and many of the exhibiting Artists will 
be in attendance.  

This is a show not to be missed - hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment