Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Gold Lakes Summer", acrylic painting by Lynne Cunningham

"Gold Lakes Summer", acrylic on canvas, 

24" x 30", available unframed

$1000.

 please contact through email if interested in purchase ~


New work going up soon at Seasons Restaurant, downtown Davis!  This is one of the paintings to be hung at the restaurant.  It's unusual for me because I don't usually work in acrylic on canvas;  in acrylic I usually paint on paper.  I was reading about a technique new to me and decided to try it on canvas, with the reference photo below that I've had in my photo library for several years.  The reference photo is from the Gold Lakes region of the Sierras, between Grass Valley and Graeagle .

 It was fun to work out the composition on this one - it's fun when you feel it's successful !

closeup view, top left area

reference photo

For a discussion on the process of painting this from the reference photo, please see my blog

For more information about the artist and to see more work please


No comments:

Post a Comment