Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ruth Andre Painting - "Half Wild"


There are a few paintings in the many that come off the easel that you become attached to and actually want to keep for yourself.  I try not to do this and after being an art representative in Los Angles several years ago would tell my clients not do that very thing.  Paint it, learn from it and move on to the next painting.  With that said this little filly, half Arabian and half Mustang, has a place of honor on a little easel all of her own in my kitchen.  I visit with her daily.  For some reason this little one caught my heart.  The story goes that her mother, the Mustang, jumped the fence to be with her soon to be daddy, the Arabian stallion and Half Wild is what became of the union.  I kind of like the idea that the Mustang mare still had a wild streak.  Being half wild made for, "A Painting Day".

"Half Wild", 6x6-inches, oil/canvas-Framed by Ruth Andre NFS

2 comments: